Result!
Filed under: Knitting

Many thanks to Nona for the message of support for my poor NBat. I have news, it is fixed!Imgp0372

New neckline and no holes!

Lots of photos today

Do any of you remember this?Imgp0362_1 Imgp0351_2

and these two fellows? Imgp0373 Can you just see their little feet sticking put of the bottom?

well this is what you get when you add 8mm needles

They were a perfect fit for my soon to be felted windsurfing hat. The wool is Crystal Palace Iceland and is so soft to knit with.

Still more pictures to come!

Imgp0361_3 Remember this? Imgp0371

this is the new more

modest version.

I can now wear this to work without worrying if my colleagues can see what colour underwear I have on.

Finally, I have joined Wendy’s Summer of Lace group on Yahoo. If you are into knitting lace come and join us, they seem a friendly bunch :-)

So for all those lace knitters out there here are a couple of WIP’s

Imgp0374 This is Kiri, She is being knitted in a yarn called Patons Coral on 5mm needles. It is heavier than the pattern called for but she is to wear on the beach when the wind gets chilly So she needs a bit of body.

Imgp0375This one doesn’t have a name yet. It is loosely based on a Morehouse Capri Shawl but with lots more holes and lots of dangling beads. You can’t see very well from the photo but there are smoke coloured glass leaves and garnet coloured faceted beads. It is knitted in a lace weight yarn bought from Yarnwise on EBay.co.uk called Morello Cherry.Once the thing is finished I am going to add  an edging and possibly more beads to the YO’s as well. The good thing about this pattern is that I am adding the beads as I go – no fiddly threading them onto the ball before I start – much too time consuming for me! Once it is finished I will take some more photos and if anyone is interested I will write up the pattern and post it on the blog.

janle @ 11:47 am

8 Comments for 'Result!'

June 14, 2005 | 12:37 pm

Well, that was a stroke of genius! (that little lace inset in the V) and the lace is nice too.

June 14, 2005 | 5:17 pm

You must model them all! We don’t care what color your underwear is…and most likely can’t see it anyway. NBaT looks great!!

June 14, 2005 | 9:15 pm

You’ve been busy!! I’m out of touch for a few days and all this happens! Soleil is gorgeous – now that I see yours, I’m seriously considering casting on for this. I actually think the lace insert may be more attractive than without. NBAT has come out nicely too – love that color. AND a hat AND progress on 2 shawls – I’m exhausted just looking at it all!

June 15, 2005 | 1:20 am

Wow! I love what you’ve done with Soleil!! I think you really improved it :)
    I love all your lace projects and when you write up that black cherry shawl pattern, I’m so there!!

June 15, 2005 | 1:51 pm

congrats on a great fix (and a great FO) on the NBaT – i really felt for you, that moment when you realise NO!!! i snipped the wrong thread!!!

June 16, 2005 | 12:59 am

Your NBaT is gorgeous! I love the color, and the edging on the sleeves and bottom… Glad to see it finished, especially after reading your scissor mishap. You’d never know there was any problem along the way. Congratulations!

June 16, 2005 | 12:59 am

June 16, 2005 | 6:46 am

Congratulations on finishing your NBaT — for the second time! You’re inspiring how quickly you were able to “recover” from your scissors mishap.