Hi I’m back!
Filed under: Knitting

Did you miss me ? :-)

We had a wonderful time in London – a real girls weekend.

Lots of shopping on Saturday, a fabulous concert on Saturday night – those boys can really play! They had the whole stadium rocking and the audience loved it. I know they are quite big in the UK but they are heading your way America so watch out for them McFly are coming to get you :-)

Dancing Daughter had a wonderful time, lots of firsts. First time on a train, first time on the tube, first big rock concert…..

Sunday our feet were killing us (all that shopping) so we decided to rest them and see the sites on an open topped bus tour that took in all the main attractions on a whistle stop tour. We stopped off at the London Eye on the way around as I had booked tickets over the internet and I’m so glad I did, the view is spectacular! I have to admit I approached it with trepidation – I have a bit of a problem with vertigo – but despite the fact you are hundereds of feet up in the air it doesn’t feel like it and unless you look back at the spokes of the wheel there isn’t even a sensation of moving , very strange. I would recommend it to anyone going to London it is well worth the fare.

Of course there could be no shopping without yarn shopping ( s there any other sort) so I dragged a very patient DD all the way across London in search of a place called Stash. It was worth it.

It is a small shop by London standards but wow what a selection. Lornas laces, Malabrigo, Lions Pride, Trekking, Fleece Artist…… all yarns I read about, seen on the net but never actually fondled and they had Koigu, people!

They were really lovely people too :-). They spotted me a mile off – they knew I was a knitter, they said, because of the fact I was wearing a shawl!

I was introduced to several bloggers, all of whom I have forgotten their names – I really need to write these things down, the brain just won’t cope.

I was very good, I only bought a little bit :-)

Imgp1007_3

A ball of Trekking yarn ,

A wonderful hank of  Fleece Artist sock yarn that has acid yellows, teals, greens and purples in it.

Three balls of semi solid Koigu – these are destined to be a Shetland triangle shawl from IK Wrap Style.

There was another yarn purchase, from John Lewis, it is for a new design for Kerrie in her new magazine

Imgp1005_2

Rowan Highland Tweed in Skye and Indigo.

It is all hush hush at the moment so all I can say is there will be cables……..

In the mean time I need to get moving. The funky scarf deadline is looming – it’s finished but I need to get it ready to mail, Sock wars has commenced – I was away on the day the dossiers were mailed out so I lost three days on who ever is trying to assasinate me – but I have been knitting madly since and I have nearly completed the first sock.

Kerrie has given me a November deadline for this pattern and I have been asked to submit some designs for a book proposal. Busy, busy ;-)

Look out Haus Mama I’m coming to get you :-)

janle @ 4:35 pm

10 Comments for 'Hi I’m back!'

September 26, 2006 | 5:06 pm

Lovely yarn. And that’s my favorite shade of Trekking (so far!). Sounds like you had a great time.

September 26, 2006 | 5:21 pm

Oh I would love to do the London Eye someday! I’m dating a Scottish expat, who know I could end up in your neck of the woods yet Janine :)
    Love all the yarn you bought! Not too extravagent but all lovely!

September 26, 2006 | 7:05 pm

What a small amount of yarn – shame on you! I’m glad you had a nice time though. And despite myself, I too like McFly (I’m now off to scrape out the inside of head for saying that)!

September 26, 2006 | 7:41 pm

FUN!!! Sounds like you had a great time and those purchases are awesome. That koigu is a great color – perfect for Shetland. :-)

September 26, 2006 | 10:36 pm

Glad you had such a good time with your DD. Can’t wait to hear or see these designs for the book proposal and for Kerrie’s new magazine.

September 27, 2006 | 3:52 am

i went to stash yarns on my recent trip to london…and i have to agree with you, that place is fantastic!
    i am already looking foward to my next trip to london (whenever that might be) so i can visit again.
    glad you had a good time!

September 27, 2006 | 2:08 pm

When we were in London a couple of years ago, one of the highlights of our trip was the London Eye! Well worth the effort and the view was spectacular! Glad you had a great trip.

September 27, 2006 | 7:50 pm

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! And you were very restrained with your yarn purchases, but ah – they are lovely. Book proposal?? How exciting!

October 17, 2006 | 8:26 pm

Great purchases!

October 22, 2006 | 4:22 pm

I’ve just come across your blog and realised that you were the lady wearing the beautiful Mountain Peaks shawl knitted in KnitPicks Shimmer! I was in Stash Yarns that afternoon and admired it very much.