Ends, Beginnings and Thank Yous
Filed under: Knitting

A slightly odd title I know, but I couldn’t really talk about the beginning without talking about the end first. Clear as mud? :-)

First off I have to admit defeat on the Forest Path Stole. It isn’t the pattern – it is clear, easy to read, the lace isn’t too hard – I’m afraid it’s me.

I just can’t see me wearing this stole, lovely though it is it is not really my style. I realise now that I was more attracted to the camaraderie of the KAL than the pattern its self.

So FBS has gone to the frog pond – the yarn will be used for something else – probably from the Victorian Lace Today book which in the main lends its self to plain yarns ( rather than handpainted)

So that’s the end, what’s the beginning? I still had a hankering for some lace and I have a christening on Sunday so I decided on Monday (in a fit of madness) that I needed a black scarf/stole to warm my arms should the weather be inclement – my dress is cream with black embroidery. SO I cast on the the simple lace scarf or stole on page 16 of VLT with some black Kid Silk Haze that has been marinated in the stash for a couple of years.

Vlt_scarf_pg_16

70 repeats  of the 132 repeats of the centre done since Monday.

Sounds good doesn’t it – only problem is both Monday and Wednesday here in Guernsey were bank holidays, I’m back to work today with much less knitting time. Will I make it? doubtful, but it is always nice to have a deadline to work towards :-)  no pressure;-)

I would love to tell you about the new sock I have designed, I think it is the best work I have ever done, but, it has to stay a secret for a few months yet so I will just have to grit my teeth and say nothing more – It is with the test knittters now so more later.

Finally and by no means least I must say a big big thank you to everyone who has sponsored us (see previous post) So far you have raised £40 which is fantastic. If you still want to sponsor us the link is on the previous post – the run is a week on Sunday.

Again a big big thank you, We knitters are fabulous people :-)

janle @ 2:22 pm

7 Comments for 'Ends, Beginnings and Thank Yous'

May 10, 2007 | 5:16 pm

It’s good you recognized that you wouldn’t wear FBS before you got further with it! Oh, very intriguing about your sock pattern…

May 10, 2007 | 8:51 pm

Surely if anyone can make it, it’s you! :-) Love the pic of the dog sitting on your lap while you’re trying to spin – gave me a good chuckle!

May 11, 2007 | 12:15 am

I’m rooting for you to finish by Sunday!! Hope your fingers don’t get too sore!

May 11, 2007 | 4:11 am

You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em hunny! Knitting should be fun, not a chore!
    I would test knit for you Janine!! Especially socks but no colorwork please :)
    Love the stole, you can do it!!

May 11, 2007 | 12:47 pm

It’s a shame that FPS didn’t work out for you, but it’s good to know when to call it quits.
    (BTW, 4 of your posts just showed up in GoogleReader at the same time – I’m assuming it’s me?)

mel
    May 12, 2007 | 1:08 pm

please count me in if you need test knitters for your new sock…I’m always up for a new pattern!
    enjoy the weekend
    take care
    love n hugs
    mel x

May 12, 2007 | 3:44 pm

How’s the scarf coming along? It looks really nice in the picture. Are you planning on knitting the edging for it as in the pattern? Just curious, I’ve never done a knit on edging….