And it is something I can actually show you
Not only that but this is one that I made from start to finish
I bought a couple of batts from the Spinning Bunny on Ebay – one the chocolate one, became the Reading in Bed Shrug from IK
I forgot to take a photo of the finished skein before i wound it into a ball and started on…..
This – an Anthropologie Inspired Caplet
which in only two days became…..
I am so happy with the finished result. I had to completely re write the pattern for gauge, and needle size but as it was top down, try on as you go that wasn’t really an issue.
It took the entire 6oz (250yds) with about 5 ft to spare, and has a few modification as well as the gauge.
I added two extra garter stitches to the borders, wrote it for a 20 inch neck because I wanted a lower neckline, used 2 x 1 garter rib rather than 1 x 1 rib because I didn’t want the ribs to pull in and added about an inch to the length to make sure it covered the boobs
Please note that there are still a few flowers in the garden. The fushia’s usually hang about until November as does the rose, which was a present for my children many Mother’s day’s ago. Amazingly it thrives depite my neglect.
I am so pleased with the top down construction that my next garment is looking like a jade green version of Wendy’s Something Red. I have a garment’s worth of Debbie Bliss Stella in the stash that would be perfect,but before I can get started on that I need to sort out my knitting for when we go away. The Monkey Socks will come of course! and just in case I run short I think I am going to take some cashmere I have in the stash to make a pair of Wine and Roses mittens….. we’ll see