Catching Up
Filed under: Knitting

As alluded to in the last post I have been knitting, in fact I have had a bit of a knitting explosion. this have been knit that were not planned and things have been planned have been put on hold to accommodate the creative urges :-0

First up  the Monkey socks

Monkey_socks
Modifications:

I only did 4 repeats for the cuff and a picot hem, plus I did a garter stitch short row heel because I know it fits me well.

Knitted on 2.25mm bamboo dpns in Regia multi pastels.

Then there was Gretel
Gretel3

She wasn’t actually planned, but I got a hankering to knit her – and she only took 2 evenings :-)

Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk aran weight – 3 balls charcoal grey. Knitted on 2, 4.5mm circulars.

Lovely hat, brilliant pattern – well written too

and I actually think it suits me :-)

Gretel2

Then there was another impulse knit…..

Black_ice

Ice Queen – or as I prefer to call my version Black ice :-)

This was perfect to use up the remaining ball and a bit of black KSH I had in my stash. If you click to embiggen you will  see I used charcoal grey seed beads for the glitter.

There was a little bit of yarn left and I loved the way the beads glittered on it and before I knew it I had cast on for these
Mrs_beetons

Mrs Beeton’s from Knitty.

The pink Rowan 4 ply merino teamed with the black KSH and the shiny beads please my inner goth :-)

Here is a close up

Mrs_beetons_2

Finally people asked what the hair in the previous post was supposed to look like, well I have tried valiantly to get a decent picture of the colour, but this is the best I could manage..

Imgp1595

And it is awful! The colour when the sun is really on it is much more like the top I am wearing – Deep purple with purple/pink highlights – natural where my grey hairs are ;-)

MIL came home from hospital today so I will have more time to knit without the traveling to and from the hospital

The plan for the rest of the holidays is to finish up the few things that are on the needles and to get a couple of designs done for some beautiful yarn I have received from the Unique Sheep.
Try not to get too frazzled by the holiday preparations !

janle @ 4:51 pm

5 Comments for 'Catching Up'

December 22, 2007 | 5:46 pm

Wow! You have been busy! I like the “Black Ice” – hee hee! I’m glad to hear that your MIL is home from the hospital. Hmm, I really wish your hair color was photographable – very intriguing!

December 22, 2007 | 6:33 pm

Good news about your mother-in-law.
    I can see what you mean about the hair colour – some camera just struggle with purple (although not as regards your top, apparently!)

December 22, 2007 | 7:30 pm

So glad that your MIL is home! The hat looks great on you, any hair issues notwithstanding. Sounds you like will have a great time this week knitting.

December 23, 2007 | 1:47 am

Your Black Ice and Mrs. Beetons looks great! I love the beads.

Tijm
    December 23, 2007 | 7:08 am

Ooooooooooo that’s so much knittingstuff, so great!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the socks (aspecial the picot). Love the Gretel,it looks nice on you and so quicke knitted!
    Like the colour of your hair. Now you can dance on the music of Deep Purple without thinking that you are to old for that! : )
    And the things you did with de KZH are great! I have also some leftovers of the KZH and meaby I use it also with this patterns.
    It’s good to hear that MIL is home now.
    I hope you have a nice Christmas with your family on the beautifu Island Guernsey!